It's official! We have moved to our new District website, now located at acpsd.net. Please take a moment to visit and explore our new online home for updated information on all items related to Aiken County Public Schools.
As a reminder, our individual school web pages will continue to link back to School Fusion (hosted at this site) until the start of the new school year when all school-related pages will make the transition to our new web platform.
Thank you for your continued interest in and support of Aiken County Public Schools, and welcome to acpsd.net! †
Students are expected to be clean, neat, and dressed appropriately at all times. Students are not allowed to have colored hair. No short shorts/skirts (when hands are down by their sides shorts must be as long as fingertips), short shirts (shirts must cover to the waist on both boys and girls and pants/skirts must be worn on the waist). At no time is a child’s underwear to be in view. No strapless shirts, tank tops, spaghetti straps, mesh tank tops, flip flop/thong type shoes, shoes with retractable wheels. Clothing items that contain offensive or inappropriate pictures, messages or slogans may not be worn as well as headwear, (hats, do-rags, scarves etc.) may not be worn at any time in the building. Parents will be called to pick up students or bring a change of clothing for those who are not appropriately dressed. Students who are inappropriately dressed will not be allowed to remain in the classroom
All students are expected to follow the code of appropriate dress.
Items that MUST NOT be worn at school or to events as a school representative
The School Board recognizes that students have the right to regulate their personal appearance. However, the Board reserves the right to bar from school students whose personal appearance is disruptive to the educational and orderly operation of the school.
1. Pants, skirts, and shorts must be knee length or longer when standing, and worn to the waist with no underwear or undergarments showing. Pants, shirts, and shorts with holes/cuts/kick-pleats above the knee are not permitted.
2. Clothing sizes should be appropriate. Ridiculous over-sizing is not accepted.
3. Shoes must be worn at all times.
4. Shirts must completely cover the front, back, stomach, and the sides from the shoulder to the waist when students raise their arms. All tops must cover the shoulder area (four fingers wide), no spaghetti straps, and must not expose cleavage.
5. Any attire that disrupts/interferes with the educational process is prohibited. Clothing deemed distracting, revealing, overly suggestive, or disruptive is not permitted.
6. Hats, caps, hoods, scarves or any form of sweatband are not to be worn in the building.
7. Students are not to wear conspicuous or ridiculous costumes. Inappropriate language, alcohol, tobacco products, gang-related clothing or drug symbols are not permitted.
8. The following items are not permitted: wallet chains, clothing with imprinting in poor taste, sheer shirts/blouses, clothing exposing the midriff, backless sundresses, etc.
9. Inappropriate clothing can be confiscated.