It's official! We have moved to our new District website, now located at acpsd.net. Please take a moment to visit and explore our new online home for updated information on all items related to Aiken County Public Schools.
As a reminder, our individual school web pages will continue to link back to School Fusion (hosted at this site) until the start of the new school year when all school-related pages will make the transition to our new web platform.
Thank you for your continued interest in and support of Aiken County Public Schools, and welcome to acpsd.net!
PURPOSE AND DIRECTION
Aiken County Public Schools: Building for a Better Tomorrow, One Child at a Time
The mission of the Aiken County Public School District is to create in students a passion for learning and achievement that will serve them as they compete and contribute in a global society.
An Area of Special Academic Emphasis: Reading achievement at all grade levels (K-12), with special emphasis on direct reading instruction in grades K-3.
Literacy Vision: Aiken County Public Schools demonstrates an unwavering commitment of the educational community to embrace their responsibility for ensuring that each student at any level becomes a successful reader and writer.
The Aiken County Public School District will be known for
• Safe learning environments where every student has the opportunity to achieve developmental outcomes at the highest potential,
• Highly qualified educators and competent support persons who can orchestrate and facilitate exceptional learning outcomes at every level and who continue to grow personally and professionally throughout their careers,
• Facilities that nurture effective learning practices for all students,
• A transportation system that is safe, efficient, and accessible to all students,
• Appropriate use of technology to further learning and to make information management more productive, and,
• An organizational culture that encourages integrity, collegiality, high expectations for student success, student, parental and community engagement, and continuous improvement.